But then there was the strange one. Everytime I tried to send much in the way of POST data to a website I'd get "Connection Reset by peer". I try pointing my browser at the ntl proxies directly, that works... hmm, WTF have I ballsed up, it was working earlier... I then tried disabling the transparent proxying I've got setup... "Document contains no data".... Hmm, WTF. Okay, I know that if the request is sent directly to the proxies it works, so set squid to "always direct", and hey presto it works.
Oh and for some reason CambCounty are blocking email from the ntl network. They've made it onto various black lists. NTL have made the oh so sensible decision that email@example.com no longer works, so they don't even get told they're on the blacklists.
On the plus side, I've got spamassassin running really well. It's catching most of my spam, and I've had a handful of false positives, which contained a load of strange data anyway.
Oh and for minor amusement LJ threw up this in it's spellcheck
"spamassassin : spam assassin, spam-assassin, spermatozoon, circumcising"